We are a sign of God’s presence to each person we meet and we aim to create an environment where each person, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, language, ability, job, background or family circumstance, feels valued and encouraged to develop a sense of worth, dignity, security and belonging.
Prayers are held each morning in the classrooms to enable each child to ‘reflect’ on their Christian and morale beliefs.
Whole school assemblies are held each Monday morning beginning with a Collective Act of Worship, we also recognise and congratulate children’s success in their weekly work and activities, and identify individual talents during our Good Work assembly on Fridays.
Whole school Mass is celebrated at the start of each school term at our local parish The Sacred Heart Of Jesus Church.
A whole school assembly or Liturgy is celebrated on Tuesdays at KS1 and Fridays at KS2 by individual classes on a rotational basis in the hall. Class Masses are held on Wednesday mornings for KS2 also on a rotational basis in the hall. The theme of the assembly or mass reflects on work that each class have been taught during that term. The assembly will contain a Collective Act of Worship that fulfils our
Aims for Collective Acts of Worship such as to:-
- Contemplate something of the mystery of God
- Reflect on spiritual and moral issues
- Explore their own beliefs.
- Respond to and celebrate life
- Experience a sense of belonging and develop community spirit
- Develop a common ethos and shared values
- Enrich religious experience
- Grow in liturgical understanding and development.
- Reinforce prayers which are part of the Catholic tradition
- Reinforce positive attitudes.
- To participate fully.
- To take time out 'to wonder at', 'to come to terms with' and 'to give worth to.'
We believe that Collective Worship in our school aims to provide opportunity for all pupils and staff to experience the above.
On days when assemblies are not conducted, prayer and worship is carried at the beginning of the day, before lunch and at the end of the day in every class.